Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Accidentally put wrong address on tax return form. How to correct it?

Customer Question
We put the wrong address...
We put the wrong address on our tax form. We have already received the refund. The incorrect address is our 2nd home but not our residence and is in a different state than where we paid our taxes. How can we make this correction?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
5/23/2007
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

You can file Form 8822 and report change of address to the IRS.

Link to the form-

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

You do not need to correct the address on your tax return since your return is already processed and you have received the refund.

Let me know if you have any question. Bonus and Feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)