Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have an amount in my W-2 Box 14 listed as HDV. What is ...

Customer Question
I have an amount in...
I have an amount in my W-2 Box 14 listed as HDV. What does the HDV stand for and is it deductible on my return? And is so, where? I do itemize.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/15/2007
Tax Professional: Dorothy M Jennell, Bookkeeper replied 10 years ago
Dorothy M Jennell
Dorothy M Jennell, Bookkeeper
I do not know what that is but you could ask your payroll department or check your paystubs to match a deduction with that number. Ordinarily the numbers that are in Box 14 of the w-2 are informational and do not have an effect on taxes. If it were entered properly than you have no concern about entering it on your tax return.
Dorothy M Jennell
Dorothy M Jennell
Dorothy M Jennell, Bookkeeper