How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29652
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if tuition is reimbursed by an employer can I claim my

Resolved Question:

if tuition is reimbursed by an employer can I claim my 1098-t on my personal federal returns
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 10 years ago.

You may claim the part of the tuition expenses that were not reimbursed by your employer. You may not deduct the same expense twice.

Please see for reference the IRS publication 970 - page 20 chart - second item from the bottom.

Also see Employer's educational assistance benefits on the page 58.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you