How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WebTaxMan Your Own Question
WebTaxMan, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 922
Experience:  20+ Years experience-CPAs & My Own Business/IRS Authorized e-file Provider/CA Tax Education Council
Type Your Tax Question Here...
WebTaxMan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I compute the annual percentage change in net income ...

This answer was rated:

How do I compute the annual percentage change in net income per common share-diluted?
Hi anon,

Great question.
You just take the current year EPS diluted (Earnings Per share diluted) minus the prior year EPS (diluted) and divide that by the prior year EPS (diluted).

Net income is represented in the EPS terms.

Example .
2006 EPS (diluted) 1.00
2005 EPS (diluted) .90

% change = 1.00 - .90 = .10 / .90 = 11.1% change

You can read more at two of my favorite sites:

Should you require further clarification, please never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify the answer to your question. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

If you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer, please press the GREEN ACCEPT button. Feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!



WebTaxMan and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you