Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

what is tax form 927

Customer Question
do i have to pay...
do i have to pay 927 tax from 2001/2002 if im not in business any more
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2007
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 10 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

All employers must file forms NJ-927 - http://www.state.nj.us/njbgs/images/nj927.pdf , even though no wages were paid during the quarter. In the boxes requesting wage or payment information enter zero (0). Failure to submit the form NJ-927 timely will result in penalties. -

To avoid problems you should end your Tax Registration in New Jersey - http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/pubs/sales/anj13.pdf

i went out of business in 2002 i just got a form saying i owe 11000 for the 2001/2002 and i was a s corporation

You should end your Tax Registration in New Jersey - see details here - http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/pubs/sales/anj13.pdf

You may receive a notice that give you an explanation why NJ Taxation department think that you owe that amount. In such situation I would strongly recommend to have a local CPA or EA to represent you - you may be able to reduce your debt and/or negotiate the payment plan.

what are the statute of liimitation on 927 tax

There is no any statute of limitation on the form. The statute of limitation apply to the tax debt.

The Statute of Limitations only begins to run when the tax return is filed. It is generally 4 years in NJ. As the form was not filled - the statute of limitation doesn't apply.

I would strongly recommend to have a local CPA or EA to represent you and help you straighten this out.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor