Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

can I deduct the entire nh car registration fees ...

Customer Question
can I deduct the entire...
can I deduct the entire nh car registration fees on my taxes? a portion goes to the town and a portion goes to the state DMV?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2007
Tax Professional: Christopher Phelps, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 years ago
Christopher Phelps
Christopher Phelps, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

You may deduct as a tax the portion of your auto registration that is based on the value of your vehicle. Other fees are not deductible unless you use the vehicle for business purposes.

Because it is impossible for me to identify and consider ALL the relevant facts, this advice is not intended or written to be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties, and cannot be used for that purpose.

Christopher Phelps
Christopher Phelps