How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i get W2 forms for 2001,2002,2003,2004

Resolved Question:

how can i get W2 forms for 2001,2002,2003,2004
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 10 years ago.
You can contact the employer for providing you the Form W-2. If you do not receive your Form W-2 from the employer within reasonable time than the IRS will help you obtain the missing forms. Call 1-***-***-****. Be prepared to provide your name, address (including zip code), phone number, Social Security Number, and dates of employment and the name, address (including zip code), and phone number of the employer/payer.

The IRS will send the employer/payer a Form 4598, Form W-2, 1098 or 1099 Not Received, Incorrect, or Lost. You will receive a copy, along with Form 4852 (PDF), Substitute for Form W-2. If you do not receive the Form W-2 in sufficient time to file timely, you may file using Form 4852.


You can call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and ask them to send you your "payer transcript" for the years you need information. A "payer transcript" is a computer printout out of all your tax-related documents that have been filed with the IRS. This includes any W-2, 1099, 1098, or other documents that employers, banks, and brokerage firms are required to file. You can ask them to FAX the transcript to you or get it in mail.

Let me know if you have any question. Bonus and Feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases.
RD and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you