Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Withholding tax on $83,000 & $31,200

Montana State Withholding tax, Federal...
Montana State Withholding tax, Federal tax, and Social Security/Medicare tax on $83,000 with 3 allowances? The same on $31,200 with 2 allowances? For purpose of Worksheet A Montana Child Support Calculations 2. Allowable Deductions
3/2/2007
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

For 2007 - following is the result- For Montana with Head of Household Status

Gross Pay $83000

Fed W/h $14077

SS $5146

Medicare $1203.50

Montana $4216

Net Pay $58357.50

Gross Pay $31200

Fed W/h $2889

SS $1934.4

Medicare $452.4

Montana $1222

Net Pay $24702.20

Let me know if you have any question. Bonus and Feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases.

Are you sure Federal on the $83,000 is not $12,277 rather than $14,077? Just asking because that is what my X's attorney put in as his number. Reply and then I will accept your answer and leave you positive feedback.
Thanks again

Yes, it is $14077 based on the HOH filing status and 3 allowances.

You might want to check with your Attorney as to how he got that number.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)