How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guru_Guy Your Own Question
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  I am a lawyer who understands tax law and finance.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Guru_Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

i have the stock in my folder is it good .
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 10 years ago.

Southwestern Bell Corporation changed its name to SBC Communications. It then aquired AT&T and in 2005 began using the AT&T name. If you are holding shares, they should be exchangeable for AT&T shares. You should take the shares to any stock broker who can exchange them for shares in the newer company.

I hope this helps!