Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

HOW MUCH MONEY CAN YOU MAKE WITHOUT CLAIMING IT ON YOUR TAXES

Customer Question
mY DAUGHTER HAS A PART...
mY DAUGHTER HAS A PART TIME BABY SITTING JOB. How much money can she make before it's taxed
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
2/9/2007
Tax Professional: Christopher Phelps, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 years ago
Christopher Phelps
Christopher Phelps, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Because the money is earned income she would have to make in excess of the standard deduction for a single person, or $5,150. As your dependent she cannot claim her own personal exemption.

Because it is impossible for me to identify and consider ALL the relevant facts, this advice is not intended or written to be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties, and cannot be used for that purpose.

Christopher Phelps
Christopher Phelps