How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29574
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what if I filed my federal taxes twice

Resolved Question:

I filed my taxes trough two diferent web-sites
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 10 years ago.

Assuming you did not make mistake typing your SS number - IRS would catch the second return as duplicated. The IRS would usually respond with the status of your return on the next day.

You will verify the status with both e-file providers and find which return was rejected.

If both returns are identical - there is nothing to worry.

Lev and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you