Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How many W-2s should be submitted to an employee

Customer Question
When creating W-2 forms for...
When creating W-2 forms for an employee, how many copies of the W-2 do I need to provide? Is it just one, and the employee is responsible for making multiple copies in filing state and federal?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2007
Tax Professional: Wayne Brasch, Accountant and Business Consultant replied 10 years ago
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch, Accountant and Business Consultant
You need to give them one to attach to their Federal return, one for their State return, if required, and one for their own personal copy. In other words, give them three copies. An employee is not responsible for making copies of their W-2. Their are copies designated on the form to be attached to those various returns as I described above.
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch