Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How much is the earned income credit per child , how much ...

Customer Question
How much is the earned...
How much is the earned income credit per child , how much would you get per child?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Tax
1/25/2007
Tax Professional: Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD) replied 10 years ago
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)

You may be confusing the earned income credit with the child tax credit. The child credit offers most taxpayers a credit of $1000 per child, although this amount phases out for very high income earners.

The Earned income credit is primarily based on income, although the maximum amount can be higher if you have one or two children. The maximum amount you can collect from the earned income credit with no kids is $412. With one child, the maximum is $2747. For two or more children, the maximum is $4536.

However, the exact amount that you receive, if any depends greatly on your tax status, the amount of earned income you had for the year, and your total income for the year.

I hope this helps!
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)