How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wayne Brasch Your Own Question
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch, Accountant and Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1298
Experience:  Master of Science in Taxation. Tax experience since 1963.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wayne Brasch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how much is a baby worth on taxes

Customer Question

a 4 month old claimed on taxes is worth?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wayne Brasch replied 10 years ago.
You will be able to claim the baby's personal exemption of $3,300 for 2006 plus the $1,000 child tax credit. The exemption amount reduces your income while the tax credit reduces your tax. Make sure, though, that you have gotten a Social Security number for the baby. You may also be able to claim the child care credit if you put the baby in childcare while you were working.