How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks Your Own Que...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks, Master Tax Advisor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1257
Experience:  I am a Master Tax Advisor and Enrolled Agent. I have 40 years experience. Trucking specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Qualifying non dependent. if you dont claim

Customer Question

Qualifying non dependent. if you don't claim a son or a daugther but you use them as a Qualifying non dependent will you recieve money back?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks replied 10 years ago.

This is very possible if you are eligible to receive Earned Income Credit and you are not a qualifying child for another person.

It is also possible to claim Child Tax Credit if the qualifying child is under 17 on 12/31/06 and is not the dependent of yourself or another person. Use Form 8901.