How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if I need my tax return money right now

Customer Question

I need the money from my tax return right now, is there any way I can get that or not?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 10 years ago.


Unfortunately, there is no way to get your refund from the IRS until you file your return after January 1st.

There are some companies who offer incometax anticiation loans. However, these are high interest, and must be paid by your expected income tax return refund. Your refund has to go to a bank account they set up, and they give you the loan, discounting your refund in some cases, as deeply as 35%.

the reason for the steep discount, is until you actually file your return, do the REAL math, etc, in there eyes, there is no way to gaurantee your refund will be what you and they estimate it to be.


Related Tax Questions