Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

is there capital gains tax on an auto sale

Customer Question
if i bought a car...
if i bought a car and completely refurbished it and sold it for substantially more, is there capital gains tax.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Tax
9/11/2006
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Yes...any gain on sale of a capital asset is subject to capital gains tax unless you are into this business in which case it is subject to tax as ordinary income.

Let me know if you have any question. Bonus and Feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

[email protected]

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases.

RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)