How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zhicheng Lai Your Own Question
Zhicheng Lai
Zhicheng Lai, Enrolled Agent(EA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 811
Experience:  5 years tax preparing experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Zhicheng Lai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to check balance owed to IRS online?

Resolved Question:

I owe about $4,000 for tax year 2005 (1040). I'm making monthly payments but not getting updated statements from the IRS to confirm the payments (by credit card) and I'm not sure of the exact amount of the outstanding balance. How can I check my status on-line?

Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Zhicheng Lai replied 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, you can't check the balance online for security reason. You will need to call IRS to find out at 1-***-***-****

Zhicheng Lai and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you