Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What town has the lowest property taxes in New York State

Customer Question
? and where does the...
What town has the lowest property taxes in New York State ? and where does the town of Lyonsdale rank in property taxes.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Tax
Relist: No answer yet.
Answered in 3 days by:
8/18/2006
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 11 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

Dear Ed,

The state comptoller issued a report in April indicating that the following counties are 20% lower than the national average, while the other counties are 20 to 50% higher than the national average:

• Cayuga,

• Chemung,

• Erie,

• Herkimer,

• Tioga and

• Wyoming

The highest metroploitan areas are also one of the top 7 highest in the nation:

• New York City

• Syracuse

• Rochestoer

• Buffaloe, and

• Albany

Malta, in Saratoga County has the state's lowest property tax per capita.

Lyons dale is ranked in the middle of the state averages.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer