How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29653
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I write a gift letter to transfer my car and title ...

Resolved Question:

How do I write a gift letter to transfer my car and title to one of my children?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 11 years ago.

Vehicles have a state document of title. Normally, the donor endorses the document of title. The non-formal letter or deed of gift is a document of the donor's intent to make an irrevocable transfer. This document should indicate the year, make, model and mileage for the vehicle, the condition of the body, and general mechanical condition. It also is nice to have a photo that shows the condition. See example of such letter here - The letter should be signed and signature notarized.

A vehicle with a current lien must have a letter of permission on the lien holder’s.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you