How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I claim on my 1099

Customer Question

What recipts should I keep so I can claim them on my taxes at the end of the year?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 11 years ago.

Dear Ed,

You would save any receipts that could be considered a business expense related to your emloyhment or projects.

These would include such things as:

  1. Telephone and cell phone receitps

  2. Mileage records

  3. business meals

  4. Home office expenses

  5. materials supplies and tools

  6. equipment

  7. emploment related educational expense

  8. Licensing fees and union dues

  9. professional magazines

  10. professional association fees