Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I work in Kentucky but live in Ohio, do I need to pay Ky ...

Customer Question
I work in Kentucky but...
I work in Kentucky but live in Ohio, do I need to pay Ky income tax?
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Tax
4/12/2006
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 11 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

Ohio has a recipricol agreement with Kentucky.

If you live in Ohio, you will only pay taxes in Ohio, even though you work in Kentucky.

If two states have a reciprocal agreement and an individual lives in one of those states and works in the other, the individual will only be subject to the income tax in the state where he lives.

If you had taxes taken out for Kentucky, you should sign the following form and provide it to your employer:

http://revenue.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/B4282E1B-D5FA-4B5F-90DB-33F7952DE974/0/42a809.pdf

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer