How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Greg Paszkiewicz Your Own Question
R. Greg Paszkiewicz
R. Greg Paszkiewicz, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  9 years preparing tax returns - Marietta, GA
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Greg Paszkiewicz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

yes i have two w2s can i file them seperate or do i have to ...

Customer Question

yes i have two w2s can i file them seperate or do i have to file them together.What happened is i already filed one becaue i misplaced the other one so can i file the other one since i found it or will i get in trouble?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  R. Greg Paszkiewicz replied 11 years ago.
You need to file all of your 2005 W-2s on your 2005 return, you do not file more than one return for a tax year. If you have already filed and the filing was incorrect you need to file Form 1040X to amend your return. Ultimately, if you do not correct your return, the IRS will figure it out and correct your return itself since W-2's are filed by the employer with the Social Security Administration and the IRS cross-checks filed returns with the W-2 information on file with SSA.

Related Tax Questions