Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i have 1099b how should i put it in my tax return

Customer Question
have 1099b how should i...
have 1099b how should i put it in my tax return, i have received it from my broker
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Tax
3/2/2006
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
You will report the sale of stocks on Sch D, Form 1040. You will also have to enter the cost basis of the stocks sold.(this will not be on Form 1099B)

Are you doing your taxes manually or with a software?
Relist: I still need help.
i am using a software.
Actually, i have 1099b for stock options. In the software how should i fill it.
Are these stock options that you exercised?

The "sales price" should be shown on the Schedule D as reflected on the 1099-B from the brokerage firm. Your "basis" in the stock is the exercise price plus the amount that you had to include in income plus the fees/commissions that were charged.

Can you provide additional detail and I will be glad to help you?
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney