How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens if i forgot to file one of my w-2. I ...

Customer Question

what happens if i forgot to file one of my w-2. I already filed for this year and my return was accepted. what do i do?

Optional Information:
new york, New York

Already Tried:

Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 11 years ago.


You will need to file a corrected return to report the additional income, and pay any additional taxes or receive any additional refunds.

A copy of the form is provided below.