How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven Weinstein, Esq Your Own Question
Steven Weinstein, Esq
Steven Weinstein, Esq, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 74
Experience:  16 Years Practicing Law. Specialty experience includes, tax, estate planning, & retirement planning
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Steven Weinstein, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my 1099 from my former employer, how can I find ...

Customer Question

I lost my 1099 from my former employer, how can I find my tax info fast?

Optional Information:
Sandy, Utah

Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Steven Weinstein, Esq replied 11 years ago.
The best way would be to contact your former employer for another copy. If this can not be done, you can contact the IRS for the information. Since 2005 1099's may not be on file with the IRS yet you should wait at least a month or so and then call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or you can make the request by mail using IRS form 4605T. You can download the form here: