How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tammy F. Your Own Question
Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9168
Experience:  Not an active Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tammy F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

schools W2 form

Customer Question

I already filed my taxes but just now received my W2 form from my school. Can I still file this?
Submitted: 12 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 12 years ago.

 Yes.  You will need to file an amended return to account for the income.  Any tax preparer can help you with this.  If you feel confidant about doing it yourself and saving yourself some money, you can visit the website and get form 1040X.  This is the form that you need.

Don't forget that you will need to amend your state return and any schedules that you originally filed as well.

Let me know if you still have questions.