How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tammy F. Your Own Question
Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9168
Experience:  Not an active Expert
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tammy F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you have to claim child support on your taxes

Resolved Question:

If I received child support payments from my ex-husband, do I have to claim that amount on my taxes?
Submitted: 12 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 12 years ago.

 Child support is not taxable income so neither you nor the father need to claim it.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Tammy F. and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you