How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks Your Own Que...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks, Master Tax Advisor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1257
Experience:  I am a Master Tax Advisor and Enrolled Agent. I have 40 years experience. Trucking specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I claim Earned Income credit for my 21 year old

Customer Question

Can I still file for my twenty-one year old daughter and receive the child tax credit. My son is 7 years old. How much child tax credit am I entitled to?
Submitted: 12 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sandi Hargrove, SkyHawks replied 12 years ago.

 Your daughter must be a full time student to claim Earned Income Credit for her.  She must be UNDER age 17 on 12/31/04 to claim Child Tax Credit for her and she must be your dependent.

Your child tax credit for your son(I assume he is your dependent)will be 1000 max.  This amount is limited to any tax on the return.  If your tax is reduced to -0-, you MAY be eligible for Additional Child Tax Credit if your income is more than 10750.  Use form 8812 to compute the amount.