Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2006 forester 2.5 xt, no dtc replaced tumbler

Customer Question
generator valve vehicle now does...
I have a 2006 forester 2.5 xt, no dtc replaced tumbler generator valve vehicle now does not stay running, feels like it is starving for air when accelarating
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Subaru
5/31/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 21 days ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

This could be an issue with a vacuum type of leak or a bad mass air flow sensor. Try unplugging the maf sensor, then fire it up and go for a drive. If it performs better, replace the maf sensor. If not, then I would check the fuel pressure and also check for possible vacuum leaks from the repair.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The car was running fine before we replaced the valve. I cannot drive the car any more, it stall every time i press the gas.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I did disconnect the maf but it is the same

Ok, this sounds like there is a major vacuum leak someplace, it's the only thing I think would cause this since it was fine prior, if unplugging the maf didn't make any difference then it's not the issue. You may have missed something though.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
checked for vacuum leaks around all hoses could not find anything when the engine is cold does not start once warmed up stays running

I'm sorry, I am going to have to open this up for the other experts to look at.

Please don't rate or reply, it will lock it right back to me.