Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Apparently the condensate is clogged since water is coming…

Customer Question
Hi! Apparently the condensate...

Hi! Apparently the condensate is clogged since water is coming in on the passenger side under the glove box. We got the condensate tray off and it is wet but can't find the tube. Where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are fixing it ourselves and have removed 3 studs to remove a tray where the H2O was dripping from below the fan but can't find the drain tube that we were told is blocked with lent.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, why isn't this engineered so this stuff is on the other side of the firewall?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Subaru
5/29/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

The evaporator is located inside the vehicle. The condenser is in front of the radiator.
Sounds like you are referring to the evaporator drain tube. This tube is located on the passengers side near the exhaust pipe. This tube can become clogged and sometimes you can blow in the tube to free the clog. You can also use compressed air if you have access to an air compressor. The tube in on the outside under the vehicle. You can pull back the carpet on the passengers side and see the tube.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated

Pn the pasemger side near the exahaust pipe?
Where is the end under the dash? where the water is coming from ? how big is it ?what coler is it? I cant clean the tube if I cant id it

There is no end under the dash. The end is under the vehicle near the exhaust pipe. The other end goes in the plastic heater box where the evaporator is mounted. It is about half inch black rubber tube.

whereis black heater box
call for $26 HELL NO

Behind the center of the dashboard.

Ignore the phone call, the site automatically will pop up the phone request.

Do you still need assistance?