Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Just had tires rotated and oil change on 2014 outback When I…

Customer Question
Just had tires rotated...

Just had tires rotated and oil change on 2014 outback When I left parking lot it felt like one of tire was slipping can't tell if it is axle related or transmission Any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?

Just started It was fine when I pulled into the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. Had guys make sure tires were tight and they are putting it back on lift

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Subaru
5/25/2018
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 29 days ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Hi,what condition are the tires in? Do you recall if VDC light came on when it felt like tire was slipping(yellow light with car that looks like it's skidding)?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Tires are new. Light was not on. Could it be transmission fluid level

Sure it can,has this been checked recently,do you tow with the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Chcecking it now. No we dont

You have a automatic transmission correct?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is the continuous variable automatic

There is no dipstick,fluid is not required to be changed unless you tow, the fluid is inspected by removing a plug while it's running and at specific temperature if fluid comes out it's full,if there are no leaks the trans should be full, but this does not mean there isn't a problem. We do find sometimes garages that are not familiar with the vehicles sometimes remove the wrong drain plug, which usually puts you down 4 quarts of transfluid and a extra 5 quarts of oil ,check oil level to make sure it is not overfilled

Hi,have you checked the oil level yet?