Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2016 Subaru outback that I purchased in 2015 and…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 2016 Subaru outback that I purchased in 2015 and the battery keeps dying. I have replaced the battery once, but it still dies. Have taken to dealer several times but It still dies after car sits for two or three days. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I will pick up the outback at dealer today after 4 tows for dead battery and ask them to check battery with a voltmeter, and is it leaking or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I always have it towed to Auto Nation Subaru West in Golden Colorado. I make sure to key fob is stored in a metal box when not in use, and there was a recall that the dealer supposed to fix. Can you get a copy of my history from the dealership. They have a complete report on what has been done.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All I want is to know what I can do so my battery will hold a charge for more than 2 - 3 days.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there, do you know what specifically has been checked or tested to try to identify the cause of this?