Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

When driving my 2016 subaru outback i hear alarms or bells…

Customer Question
When driving my 2016...

When driving my 2016 subaru outback i hear alarms or bells sound at different intervals. I cannot figure out why or where they are coming from.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

Fuses are ok. battery is brand new. they sound for not apparent reason.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I feel it is some type of tracking device. the dealer states that is not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/30/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Where exactly is the noise coming from?

the alarms or bells go of intermittently and come from somewhere in the dash area. They are just a quick alarm or bell
and i may not hear another one for 30 minutes or more. sometimes they will sound within ten minutes of one another. could it
have something to do with sabaru Eyesight or navigation system?

Yes it could be related to the eyesight or blind spot monitoring system. It may be trying to warn you about various traffic situations.

You should take it to the dealer and ask for an all system scan with the Subaru scan tool. Have them print off the results. The eyesight may need to be recalibrated. There is a specific procedure that needs to be followed for that along with special tools.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated! Thanks!