Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My Subaru Forrester 2016 does not start again. It is been…

Customer Question
Hi, my Subaru Forrester 2016...
Hi, my Subaru Forrester 2016 does not start again. It is been the third time that I am taking it to Subaru mechanic, but they only change the battery without finding the problem. Occasionally blaming us, saying that we probably left the light somewhere. But we are very careful not to do it. What else should they check when I take it to Subaru? And what could be the problem?We love the car, but we are also annoyed by this problem.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/29/2018
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 3 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Hi,so the battery has been changed and that takes care of the problem for how long?Does the vehicle have any aftermarket accessories(remote start ,alarm)?Do you know if the dealer checked into a dark current draw test,this will test to see if anything is draining the battery while it sits.There may be a computer update available that enhances the operation of the alternator especially if vehicle isn't driven much do you know if this was something they looked at?The battery should have been changed to a larger cold crank amperage do you know if this is true?Many questions I have that can also be asked at the dealer if you are not sure but this is where I would start,thanks for your time.Let me know if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank Tamaz. I'll find out answers on all these questions and I'll come back to you. Thanks.

Your very welcome ,I curious to find out what the dealer tells you.I'll await your reply,thanks again