Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

There is a small flashing light next to the cruise button…

Customer Question
There is a small...

There is a small flashing light next to the cruise button there is a clicking noise and it won’t start. 1999 Impreza outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Came out of the store and tried to start car. Noticed the flashing and the car wouldn’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried locking and unlocking doors. I unlocked the hatch first to put stuff in the back then came to Drivers side and

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only had car for 4 days have had no problems

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/28/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Does the flashing light go out when you put the key in the ignition and try to start it?

No
I paid you. Why aren’t you helping me

Sorry, I can't make a call right now.

If its the regular Subaru security system, the light should go out and stop flashing when you put the key in the ignition. If it's something aftermarket, then its possible it's failed, if you can, take a look under the dash on the driver side for a small black box that may be held in with zip ties, I am trying to help

If there is a small box under there, you have to try and unplug it to see if it will help. Like I said, that light should be going out when you turn the key on to try and start the car. This has a very basic security system from the factory.

There is no small black box. You have taken over 50 dollars from my bank account and I have gotten nothing in teturn
that’s it. I will rate you and call the BBB. I WANT NY MONEY BACK YOU THIEVES
You even took the money for a phone call. Give me my money bavk