Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

92 Subaru wagon legacy ls 2.2gas. Sometimes it starts in any…

Customer Question
92 Subaru wagon legacy...

92 Subaru wagon legacy ls 2.2gas. Sometimes it starts in any gear setting and other times it will not turnover. I jiggle the gear ship and it will start in any gear and then other times nothing. Took it to a mechanic and he hot wired and it would start and now it won't start at at all. He states it is the Inhibitor switch onthe transmission/nuteral

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

200k miles..I need to step on the brake as I turn on the key switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything..had a master tech cjheck it out...he hot wired it and said it needed one of the parts I noted in the above notes,,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/24/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Certainly sounds like an auto inhibitor switch faulty.

Could be just adjustment, but i would replace the switch.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary