Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

It has My mechanic found history code P0 700 on my proposed…

It has...

It has My mechanic found history code P0 700 on my proposed new car and I want them to tell me what it is they say it's low voltage to the battery was needed to be replaced witl that be correct

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2015 Forester limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I' wanting to purchase it but think the dealer is not giving I funll consideration

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was in an accident in 2016 and what had to be towed it was the left side accident with the car disabled nothing more that I know

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The code P0700 indicates that the transmission control module (TCM) has detected a fault with the transmission control system and has stored a fault code for it in the Transmission control module. This has nothing to do with the battery and or its condition. In order to determine what is failing with the transmission control system a scan will need to be done on the TCM

Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
I thought they were taking me for a fool.I know they want to sell this car and I think because I'm a woman they can get away with stuff so that's what worries me with the car having been in an accident and all

By telling you its a battery problem you may very well be right. The code P0700 means the transmission and or the control system has a problem. I would not buy this car until that has been resolved. Thank you as well.