Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Legacy Cigarette lighter and the USB connection in…

Subaru Legacy Cigarette lighter...

Subaru Legacy Cigarette lighter and the USB connection in the middle armrest is not working in a Subaru 2013 Legacy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I replaced the two I thought might be it

Cigarette lighter connections are working now but USB is not working
3/18/2018
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Hi,I'm assuming fuse was replaced to get lighter operational again,have you tried another cable in the USB?

The cable works in the cigarette lighter connection but not USB and yes I changed the fuse.

The USB connection is the most likely problem then ,you need to purchase the adapter from your dealer,would you like to discuss how to remove center console to replace it?

Sure and why do we need an adapter for the USB?

The USB adapter is the link to the radio,it most likely has a poor internal connection so it needs to be replaced.

tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician