Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

There is a loud, constsn beep from the rear of the car when…

Customer Question
There is a loud...

There is a loud, constsn beep from the rear of the car when the car is in drive. After 10-20 minutes of contant driving the beeping stops. If the car is sopped again the beeing will resumne once the vehicle is in motion. The rear gate will not lift from either the inside button, the door switch or the key fob. There was a small bit of fabric strap from a trader Joe’s bag handle caught in the edge of the gate near the door latching mechanism.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I have not! How do I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Subaru?

2017 Outback 3.6 R Limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not really tried anything. I had used the “On” ignition setting for a while, and thought it might be a vehicle battery issues. I drove around for a while but did not seem to make a difference, and just drove it home for an hour, so obviously not a battery issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We seemed to have some trouble starting it right before this started. But my wife is not to familiar with the car, and I thought it might have been our confused communication, i.r. Needing to turn off the “ON” position before starting. So not really sure if that is relevant.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/18/2018
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 4 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Hi,try this for me,remove both battery cables and hold them together for a minuet or longer this will drain all electrical capacitors and reset all modules.Reconnect cables to see if problem is gone,this would be the first thing the dealer will do and this usually will take care of quirky electrical problems,think of it like rebooting a computer.Let me know if this works,thanks for your time.