Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My partner's cousin was taken into custody by police and his…

Customer Question
My partner's cousin was taken...
My partner's cousin was taken into custody by police and his vehicle was left on the side of the road. Since the police won't release the vehicle key to us even though her cousin the cars legitimate owner has specified that we were to be given said keys and the car having sat there for almost a week has already had a window broken and the registration plates removed, I'm afraid it's only a matter of days before the entire car vanishes. Since I don't own a car trailer and am unable to afford a tow service, the only option I have left is to flat tow the vehicle back to my home. The only thing that prevents this is the steering lock. Is there any way I can disable or bypass this without breaking it which is my option of last resort. Please help me as u need to move the car soon.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/17/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello Timothy,

You either need an ignition key, or get it towed on a flatbed tow truck.

Paying for a tow is cheaper than leaving it there.

Gary

Subaru Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello again,

Did you get the car home?

Or since you haven't answered, the car got stolen?

Gary