Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Is there any way to reset the computer on a 2005 manual

Customer Question
Is there any way...

Is there any way to reset the computer on a 2005 manual subaru forester without having to drive it 60-100 miles?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to but need direction

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car has been idle for several weeks--it started on the first try

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Approximately 2000

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What is it that you are needing to reset?

Is the check engine light on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the computer

Okay, I got that but why do you think you need to reset it?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.