Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I’ve had 2 episodes that have confused me. The first one…

I’ve had 2 episodes...

I’ve had 2 episodes that have confused me. The first one happened while driving on a trunk highway and my 2018 Forester just stopped. Right in the middle of the lane. I can’t remember exactly what happened as I was able to move off the highway. It felt like everything froze. I didn’t touch the brake as I was slowing down because the driver in front of me was turning. Have you heard of such a thing?

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It’s a trunk highway which up here is a 2-lane highway with a slower speed limit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t done anything. It hasn’t happened again. But something new happened today. I was turning right listening to music when all of a sudden the music stopped and there was a flutter noise coming from the left of the steering wheel and when it stopped, the music came back but I felt a slight tension in the steering wheel. I’ve never driven a Subaru before so this stuff is just weird. I do have the Eyesite tech pkg.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so.

3/14/2018
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Sure.
Hi Thomas.... I'm not familiar with this site at all. I guess I just needed to hear I'm not crazy. lol It's a new car--I should probably just take in, right?

Hi,doesn't sound like a familiar problem but considering the danger this could put you in I would take it to the dealer to see if any codes were stored in the computer and all connections at battery and modules are good and seated properly.The dealer may have some questions for you also like weather conditions,ambient temperature,engine temperature etc... make sure all keys that were given to you at delivery are also handy.There can be many things that can cause your complaint but what i mentioned about codes and connections would be my first step.Thanks

OK. thank you, ***** *****'ll print out your answer and take it with me. My memory isn't great.
Bye!

Thanks for your time!

If you would take the time to please rate my service to you this evening,thanks again!

tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician