Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 05 Subaru outback drivers door is locked shut, I think…

Customer Question
My 05 Subaru outback...

My 05 Subaru outback drivers door is locked shut, I think the actuator is bad. Is there a way I can unlock it by hand? I took the door skin off to expose everything. Just want to get it open somehow to work on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

140,000 and it just happened this week. Been jumping over my seat to drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took off the skin, removed the two pulleys that go to the inner door handle and lock and tried to unjam it some how

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to pop it unlock with a screwdriver or something just to get the door open so I or somebody can work on it?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Can you pull on the cable and manually unlock and open the door? There should be two cables one for the lock and one for the door handle.

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Do you still need help?