Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Replace the battery now the radio barely works CD does not…

Customer Question
Replace the battery now...

Replace the battery now the radio barely works CD does not work navigation does not work radio display is not visible

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I have not, yet. I can turn the knob to various stations manually and turn the volume up and down but that's all that happens. None of the lighting or the numbers work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2010 forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know what to try. I figured being a Subaru it probably had a reset button or equivalent somewhere

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/12/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Disconnect the negative battery cable, then disconnect the positive cable. Clamp or hold the battery cables together
for 5 minutes. Make sure they are not connected to the battery when touching the cables together.

I just finished this procedure.
Result? Same condition/s as before:
Radio stations play, I can select off, on, a.m./ FM/ CD, but no display to let me see what-is-what with the radio.
No navigation
I paid for diagnosis/fix.
Problem not fixed. Suggested procedure did not work.

Ok I am going to opt out and let another try.

Subaru Mechanic: Daniel, Manager replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Manager

Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you have given so far, I am recommending that we continue this discussion via Live phone call discussion so that I may assist you more efficiently. Please accept the phone call request that I'm going to send to you so that we can continue or we can continue here on the message board but it may take longer depending on how difficult your problem is.

Once you have accepted the proposed offer for phone call assistance then I will post a phone number and you will text that phone number when you are ready for me to call you. At that point I will either text you with a time that I will call you or call right away and then we can continue from there. Thanks

I am and have been woefully disappointed with the suggested remedy: disconnect the battery cables ( in a specific order) and hold them together for five minutes.
Reconnect cables.
This procedure yielded nothing but the same result / condition which prompted me to seek remedy in the first place.
Please note the 2nd response / 2nd mechanic's response suggested replacing the battery.
> NOTE: I HAD originally replaced the battery - with a new one - and this is when all the iterated problems
with the radio began.
I do understand your frustration, I am a different expert separate from the others got that. And would like to assist you but like I said, it would probably be more beneficial if we can do this via phone call. This way I can hear what you are saying and walk through the process with you. Please let me know if you would like to continue.
I've already paid 25 bucks, and the proposed solution did not work whatsoever.
NOW, the system wants to charge me yet
more money!
I hereby decline further apparent guessing
at the remedy.
I regret having initiated this transaction and hereby request a timely and full refund.