Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

1999 subaru legacy 2.2 ,at oil temp light flashing all time…

1999 subaru legacy 2.2 ,at...
1999 subaru legacy 2.2 ,at oil temp light flashing all time
3/12/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Do you notice any shifting problems with this?

No

Ok

This means there is a code stored in the transmission control module. The first thing to look at is to check the fluid level and make sure it's full and clean.

If it is, then you are going to need the code. Sometimes it's nothing more then the transmission temp sensor itself failing. This won't affect the shifting, but will kick the light on.

Also, try making some tight corners, into parking spots and see if the wheels are binding up. This means there is a problem with the transfer duty solenoid and transfer clutches.

If none of this proves to be the issue, I'm afraid you will need to have the codes read. This has to be done with a scan tool that can communicate with the transmission control module and not a code reader.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Do you have any more questions for me?

Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
I ck. code found code p1705

This code is for the 2-4 shift solenoid or harness. Check the fluid level, if it's low top it off. If it's good, then you will likely have to either change the solenoids, or have a transmission shop do proper testing on it. The solenoids need to be activated with the scan tool to make sure they are working properly

ok. thank

You're very welcome. This is one of those things that requires some special tools. You could just replace all the solenoids and help for the best.