Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a '98 Forester and the alarm will not go off. I tried…

Customer Question
I have a '98...

I have a '98 Forester and the alarm will not go off. I tried everything and may even have done damage. I tried to take the horn noisemaker off and take it apart. I now have a horn that will no longer work but still the car will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Not yet. Here goes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the post above. I just tried to unlock and lock the driver's door 3 times and no good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that now the alarm horn is no good because I took it apart and it will take a specialist to get it repaired. Can I just cut the wire to it ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Is this a factory alarm?

I don't know.

Ok, what is happening when you attempt to start the car?
Do you hear a clicking out under the hood or anything?

I realize the alarm is going off, I am just wondering if you hear any attempts to start like a click from under the hood?