Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

How do I take the back bottom seat out of my 2017 subaru…

Customer Question
How do I take...

How do I take the back bottom seat out of my 2017 subaru outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I know that there is a release somewhere under the seat but I can't find it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/10/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

The seat release on these can be a little bit tricky, but it can be done easier if you have a small pick/screwdriver to press in the release tabs. There are two release tabs, they are positioned on the left and right side of the seat, and will be sitting underneath directly in the middle of the cushion, just trace your hand where the cushion folds in and you should feel them

I don’t see a release tab
That picture doesn’t look remotely close to mine. Mine has what looks like a metal U bolt coming down from the seat cushion going in a plastic brackets in the floor frame

Okay the those are the release tabs I had originally mentioned. The plastic brackets are the retainers, the metal u-bolt needs to be pushed inwards while you pull up on the seat cushion

I have been pushing with all my might and it won’t release

I understand, they can be tricky at times. I am about to leave for the day, so I am going to open this up to a new expert, maybe they will have another trick for getting these off

Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Different expert here.

Here is the exact procedure you need. Click Here

A 5 star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I still can’t figure out how to release the tabs

You need to pull up on the seat cushion. Pull hard in a jerking motion. It can be difficult to release the hooks. There are no tabs that you have to release, just pull up on the seat cushion and there are hooks in the back.

Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
Thanks.

Thanks.

Do you still need help?

I have been pulling with all my might and it will not come out