Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My wires came out of the door switch, got it back together…

Customer Question
My wires came out of...
My wires came out of the door switch, got it back together the door locks work but not the windows
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
3/10/2018
Subaru Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

I will bring up a wiring diagram for this so that we can make sure that the wires have gone into the correct pins. Have you checked the fuses to see if they have blown?

we checked the fuses. And the sunroof works. We got a diagram earlier and we are sure all the wires were in properly. The locks work, just none of the door windows
Subaru Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

From some research I have done I can see there is a problem in the B-pillars for these causing this issue. Look at the B-pillars on the driver's side and the passenger's side where the harness comes out for the rear doors. Pull the rubber grommet back where the wires come out for the rear doors on each side and look for the Green/Black wire to be chafing to ground against the sharp edge of the B-pillars.

In case you aren't aware the B-pillar is the support between the front and rear door

We will check that. However they did work up til my husband had to take the door panel off to fix the door lock.
Subaru Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

have you had a chance to look at those wires?