Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

1997 subaru legacy/outback right side blinkers on all the…

1997 subaru legacy/outback right side...
1997 subaru legacy/outback right side blinkers on all the time unhooked battery let sit 15 minutes still on
3/8/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

There has to be another battery source, is something plugged into the cig lighter or trailer connection? did you remove both cables on battery?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing plugged in had only unhooked ground both cables off now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm pretty handy not at shop right now but do have tools here at house lights came on while sitting in garage over night

is there another battery in this for a aftermarket stereo or accessories?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no there is not
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
have been checking trailer pigtail don't see any cut wires or scraped insulation

well it has to be getting voltage from somewhere, I guess you could do a reverse draw test and hook up your meter to the battery cables and pull fuses until you find the fuse and then find where the voltage is coming from, what do your battery cables measure off the battery?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
battery 12 volt alt 13.3 volt draw from lights 12 volt fuses under steering wheel or under hood?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would or could I have something shorted in flasher left blinkers work

im confused did you say the blinkers stay on after disconnecting battery?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no every thing goes off when disconected
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
left side works fine right on all the time as long as battery hooked up key on or off

ahhh ok well your original post seemed to say that, now were back on track, so with car running does right side still stay on ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the right side stays on with car running or not pulling fuses right now will let you know in a second

dont worry about the fuses we need to pull the turn signal switch and check it, do you have a meter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the fuse that shut it off was under hood labeled clock interior light yes i have a meter

ok pull it and check pin 6 to 7 for continuity with the switch in the neutral position

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
explain neutral position on or off then check accross fuse I took out

were not checking the fuse were checking the turn signal switch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
by pin 6 and pin 7 where am i going
and by neutral position do you mean off

your checking continuity from 6 to 7 and neutral means not in any selection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok we are talking turn signal switch in neutral position just don't know where pin 6 and seven are

its where the red/white and blue yellow wires connect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry are pins 6 and seven under the hood are they under the dash do I have to pull the steering wheel off?

again we are still on the turn sgnal switch have you got it pulled yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I have not is it a pain to do?

yes you will need to remove the steering wheel

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
well I don't have enough stuff here to do that will just have to figure something for now can't believe switch would go bad over night but stranger things have happened

if you think about everything works before it goes bad

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not good whiskey so maybe it's time for one thanks MJ

lol, let me know if you run into any more snags

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician